As females develop from children into women, they usually experience a surge in breast growth, with puberty being the time when changes are most significant. However, women also see changes in breast size during other times in their lives such as pregnancy, weight gain or weight loss and menopause.
Despite this fact, many women do not experience significant increase in bust size for several reasons, which include:
- Heredity and genetics
- Hormone imbalances
- Low body fat levels
- Poor energy flow
- Stress and other emotional issues (depression, etc.)
- Improper diet
Some women are very satisfied with having a small bust line, however many others want to find effective ways to get bigger breasts.
Many women may believe that breast enhancement surgery is the only true solution to increase breast size permanently and give the appearance of larger breasts. However, there are many other effective options, which include exercise, diet, herbs, optical illusions and hormone therapy, which all make breasts look larger without the need for expensive or invasive surgeries.
Breasts are mostly made up of fatty connective tissue, so gaining a few extra pounds of fat weight is a simple and effective way to get bigger breasts, particularly for thin women.
Along with gaining size in the breasts, gaining weight may also lead to unwanted size increase in other areas of the body such as the stomach and thighs. This makes it important to gain weight slowly and gradually, assessing the results every one or two weeks as well as avoiding binge eating and the rapid weight gain it causes, which can impact health in a negative way.
Another important consideration is that based on genetics, weight gain may not lead to an increase in bust size. If the body is programed to only store fat in the hips and thighs, weight gain will lead to these areas getting bigger while the bust remains small.
- Even though weight gain is the goal, focus on eating healthy foods.
- Increase the number of calories consumed of regular foods (complex carbohydrates, healthy fats and lean protein).
- Eat carbohydrate, sugar and fat-filled foods such as bread, cookies and cheese.
- Exercise regularly and stay fit while gaining weight by doing a combination of strength and aerobic training for a total of five hours each week.
Even though genetics is the primary determining factor of breast size, the diet plays a major role in how breasts develop.
- Eat Estrogen Rich Foods
Breast size is directly related to the amount and types of specific female sex hormones in the body, with the primary one being estrogen. Without enough estrogen in the body, and a sufficient amount of it, breasts cannot get bigger and grow to their maximum size and end up being small and underdeveloped.
Throughout puberty, and up to the age of eighteen or nineteen, the female human body produces lots of estrogen naturally. However, despite this fact, more estrogen can be introduced into the body through the foods eaten in the daily diet, which helps to make breasts grow bigger in less time.
The following are excellent nutritional sources of estrogen:
- Legumes: Lentils, chickpeas, lima beans and kidney beans
- Dairy: Yogurt, eggs and cheese
- Oil seeds: Fenugreek seeds, sesame seeds, anise seeds, sunflower seeds and flax seeds
- Spices: Sage, clover, and oregano
- Fruits: Apples, cherries, and plums
- Vegetables: Beets, carrots, and cucumbers
- Grains: Rice, barley, and wheat
- Meats: Chicken soup
- Soy products: Soy milk and tofu
- Eat Phytoestrogen Rich Foods
Phytoestrogens, which are plant derived substances that act like estrogen in the body, are excellent for boosting estrogen levels when the body does not produce enough (such as in women going through menopause). Studies show that like estrogen, phytoestrogens (in food or tablet form) make breasts get bigger by increasing breast tissue size.
There are many tasty and nutritious food items that contain phytoestrogens that can be added to a healthy daily diet, which include:
- Nuts: Pistachios, chestnuts, cashews and walnuts
- Beverages: Red wine, coffee, white wine, black tea, green tea, bourbon and whiskey
- Fruits: Apples, strawberries, pomegranates, peaches, watermelons, plums, and raspberries
- Vegetables and herbs: Alfalfa, clover, collards, winter squash, garlic, beets, carrots, cucumbers, licorice root, fenugreek leaves and ginseng
- Oil seeds: Fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds, flax seeds and sesame seeds
- Soy Products: Soy nuts, soy protein powder, soy yogurt, soybeans, tofu, soybean oil and soymilk
- Whole grains: Corn, millet, crisp and wholegrain breads, popcorn, quinoa wheat, barley, oats, rye, wheat germ and brown rice
- Legumes: Green beans and mung beans
- Meats: Chicken and chicken-based products
- Eat More Healthy Fats
Adding more healthy fats and removing unhealthy fat sources from the diet can help breasts grow bigger by increasing fat storage throughout the body, while also keeping it healthy.
Several healthy sources of dietary fat include:
- Olive oil
- Oily fish
- Peanut butter
Warning: Avoid gaining excessive weight all over the body, which can lead to overweight, obesity and a host of health related problems long-term. Follow a program of regular exercise to keep too much fat from accumulating throughout the body.
- Eat Radishes
Studies show that radishes help to enhance breast size naturally because of their effect on blood circulation (due to astringent properties), which may improve the growth of breast tissue. Better blood flow to the breasts can help them get bigger naturally and quickly without any unwanted side effects.
- Take Beneficial Supplements
A major cause of hormone imbalances in the body is not getting enough essential vitamins and minerals from the daily diet. These deficiencies can lead to having breasts that do not develop to their maximum size.
It is possible to reverse the problem and increase breast size by correcting deficiencies with proper supplementation using natural products such as:
- Amino Acids – Along with burning excess fat and slowing down the aging process, amino acids help to increase breast size. It does this by mimicking key hormones that facilitate the growth of the entire body, including the breasts, which makes supplementing with amino acids very effective for getting bigger breasts fast while using all-natural methods.
- Vitamins – Another factor that has a severe and negative impact on breast growth and size is vitamin deficiency. A combination of several vitamins including vitamin A (supports skin rejuvenation and regeneration), vitamin C (restores collagen levels), vitamin E (regulates cholesterol) and vitamin B6 (produces new blood cells), helps to enhance breast growth without encouraging fat storage throughout the rest of the body.
These factors help to enhance and support the structure of breast skin and tissue, which helps them to look fuller and increases the size of the breasts without any unwanted side effects.
Exercise (specifically strength training) is a free and effective method of natural breast enlargement, achieved by building the muscles of the chest (pectorals) to make breasts look bigger, firmer and more perky. Along with helping to develop larger breasts naturally, exercise provides additional benefits such as better health, strength and mood.
The following are several effective exercises for firming and enhancing the bust line.
Pushups are an excellent exercise for building the chest muscles, which makes breasts appear larger, as well as the arms (specifically the triceps).
- Begin by laying (stomach down) on the floor with legs fully stretched out and hands placed flat against its surface and in line with each shoulder.
- Push the body up towards the ceiling slowly, using the muscles of the chest and arms, and until the arms are almost fully extended.
- Lower the body towards the ground, again using arm and chest muscles for control until the stomach almost touches the floor.
- Repeat the movement for the necessary amount of sets and repetitions.
- If this is too hard, keep the knees on the ground while performing the movements.
Warning: Start slowly when doing pushups for the first time, since it may strain the arms. Begin by doing two sets of five pushups and gradually increase it to two or three sets of ten pushups or more as strength improves.
- Wall Press
The wall press is another effective exercise for building the chest muscles and upper arms, which is very similar to the push-up.
- Stand facing a wall (two feet away) with the palms of both hands flat against its surface and arms straight.
- With legs firmly planted, lean body weight against the wall bending the elbows.
- Once all weight is leaned towards the wall and elbows are bent at a forty five degree angle, push back against the wall using the biceps and straighten the arms fully.
For best results perform two sets of ten repetitions of this exercise three to five times weekly.
- Chest Press
The chest press is an effective exercise for building the pectoral muscles.
- Lie down on the floor (on the back) with knees bent and feet flat.
- Bend the elbows at ninety degree angles, holding one dumbbell in each hand.
- Lift the weights towards the ceiling, and then towards each other while focusing on using the muscles of the chest.
- Using a smooth motion, return the weights to the starting positon.
For best results do this exercise three to five times weekly and perform three sets of twelve to fifteen repetitions each time.
- Household Chores
A simple way to build and firm the chest to make breasts appear larger is by doing more chores around the house.
The modern conveniences of home electronics and appliances such as washing machines, food processors and vacuum cleaners, have reduced the level of physical exercise the average woman used to get from doing chores such as handwashing clothes, sweeping floors and grinding foods by hand.
Doing chores manually provides plenty of arm exercise that firms and tones the breasts making them larger while enhancing the health of the rest of the body.
Available online and in health food stores, there are several herbal remedies that promise to enhance bust size. Although there is no scientific evidence to support these claims, many women all over the world continue to use herbs and other natural remedies to attempt to get bigger breasts.
The following are some of the herbs thought to increase breast size when taken regularly.
Fennel, which is a common spice that has many medicinal properties, contains high levels of phytoestrogens which mirror the effects of naturally occurring estrogen in the body. This makes fennel effective for making breasts bigger and enhancing milk production (lactation) in breastfeeding women.
Fennels high phytonutrient content is known to increase female libido and is also used to treat asthma, amenorrhea, angina and high blood pressure.
To use fennel for breast growth, drink it in tea form, use it to cook food or rub the oil from the herb into the breasts.
- Red Clover
Along with enhancing breast growth naturally, the red clover herb also treats most common diseases. The high phytoestrogen content of the herb provides a rich source of compounds such as genistein, that bond with human estrogen receptors to make breasts grow bigger.
As an ancient Ayurvedic remedy, fenugreek is a popular Indian herb that is used medicinally as well as to season and flavor various types of foods (such as curries and desserts). Fenugreek has high levels of phytoestrogens and prolactin, which make it effective for enhancing breast growth and size as well as supporting better milk production in nursing mothers.
- Wild Yam
Wild yam is a well-known and centuries old treatment for several reproductive problems that women struggle with such as menopause and PMS. In addition, wild yam has beneficial phytonutrients and properties that help to increase breast size when taken with other herbs such as fenugreek, and used in a variety of different ways.
- Saw Palmetto
Saw palmetto, which comes from saw palm seeds, helps to enhance breast size despite the fact that it is typically used to treat enlarged and inflamed prostate issues (benign prostatic hyperplasia).
Saw palmetto helps breasts to reach their full growth potential by decreasing excess testosterone production in the body.
Other beneficial herbs include options such as black cohosh, chasteberry tree (also known as Vitex agnus-castus) and Kava.
- Breast Enlargement Pills
Breast enlargement pills are available having the above mentioned ingredients shown to stimulate the body’s natural hormone functions that encourage bust growth. There is some evidence that they work but that’s purely anecdotal.
Use caution and consult with a medical health specialist before supplementing with herbal and naturopathic remedies.
Some individuals believe that breast massage can create a modest increase in the size of the breasts if done using specific techniques along with gadgets, creams and oils that support and enhance breast growth.
While no scientific studies have proven this method to be effective for natural breast enlargement, it may improve posture and overall mood, which helps to induce relaxation.
- Use Natural Oils and Creams for Message
There are several breast enlargement creams, oils and other topical applications available that promise users larger breasts with regular use. However, these products have not been scientifically proven to increase breast size and are completely unverified but there are many positive feedback as well from the users.
Consult with a medical health professional to discuss options for enhancing the breasts before using these types of products.